After over a year of being gone, the Vinecast is BACK. It'll will be running weekly on Wednesdays. Here's the first brand-spanking new episode.....show notes below....
You can find the feed for the podcast over here, and the show notes each week (as well as an embedded player for the podcast) will be posted here on Newsvine on the Vinecast group(and others) and on www.thevinecast.com.
Just some of the things discussed in the nearly 1.5 hours of Vinetastic conversation...
- Bitch session and quick intro of panelists
- The Vinecast returns!
- Nomic - Lawmaking, the game?
- Oil prices - Uh...they're high.
- Social programs, is the government competent enough to run them?
- Why don't we know what our taxes are paying for?
- Should the US be run like a business?
- Why you should be peeing around your veggies, and the quest to grow your own food.
- The evolution of the Gay Pride Parade
- Sex and drugs - Just say maybe.
- Is cocaine the drug of choice for newsvine trolls?
- Newsvine user base growing too fast?
- Celestina doesn't want your hate-mail, but I do.
We wandered from topic to topic and strayed out in random directions a bit, but it was great fun...if slightly more chaotic then maybe it could have been. There is a small amount of echo through some of the audio (I'll be prodding people about proper mic use and settings later!), but it went pretty well really.
What do you think, do we need more focus? More cow bell? What? If you have any suggestions, questions, fan-mail, hate-mail, letter bombs, etc......send them right on over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. or comment below. We'd love to hear from you.